RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Kraft Speaks?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 01:44 AM
stbrehm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Kraft Speaks?

I am puzzled that anyone would write such a damming account of their treatment in "Brands Hobby" by Andy Argenio. Two years ago I decided to get back into the model airplane hobby. I visited "Brands" because of a favorable recomendation from a friend. After being out of the hobby since I was a young boy, you can imagine the number of questions that I asked. I found Andy to be very personable and courteous as well as being patient with answering all my questions. I could tell right away that Andy was not just a merchant trying to push his wares but also had a deep passion and love for the model airplane hobby. I have gotten to know his wife Anna also over the course of several years. They work closely together and seem to have a good working relationship. I have spent a lot of time in the store since my initial visit and have never witnessed Andy humiliating his wife in front of customers.
Yes, the barbs do fly at "Brands". I have been as much the target of them as anyone else, but it is all in good fun and everyone leaves as friends. After all, why would I drive thirty miles to a hobby shop to be treated rudely as the writer suggests; especially when there are other hobby shops much closer.
However, in the real world, anyone that has been in the retail business knows that there are occasions when the customers are the ones that are rude,demanding,obnoxious and imposible to deal with. I certainly hope that the writers of this scathing attack on Andy's character and reputation, do not fall into this category or have ulterior motives or hidden agendas. I personally witnessed Andys frustration in being characterized in this manner. It wasn't deserved and it isn't fair! The acusation, that the South County RC club has muscled in and taken over a local soaring club, is false also. In this case the writer should have made sure the facts were known before making such a statement.
Lastly, if anyone wants to know the real issues here; of whether Andy would be a good district 1 VP or not , I suggest that they visit his website at www.amadistrict1.com. From talking extensively to Andy, I believe the site sincerely depicts what he wants to do for the district. Most importantly, as a current AMA members, voice your opinion before Nov 12. VOTE!! Do I think Andy would be a good district 1 VP? You bet!