RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do you choose a glow fuel?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
IFlySlowPlanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you choose a glow fuel?

What I mean is, there are several brands available out there, some with castor, some synthetic, 5%, 10%, 20%, etc. Assuming all things are equal (let's say we're talking 15% with a nominal amount of castor/synthetic oil content (say 18% since that seems to be a common number for factory recommendations). So all else being equal, is price alone your only remaining consideration or do you take other things into account?

I ask because up til now I've always bought my glow fuel from the LHS at what I consider to be extortionate pricing ($20-30/gal). Since joining a local r/c club, I've discovered that everyone there uses what amounts to a local brew (S&W is the brand I think) which is available at $10/gal or less in quantity. I just ordered a case, mainly because of the price, but also because I'm influenced by the success our many club members have had with the product.

Not trying to open a can of worms, and not recommending any product (I haven't even gotten my case yet, so how would I know?). Just interested in your experiences with regards to buying glow fuel.

Thanks!