RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba T14MZ price is posted at Tower
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba T14MZ price is posted at Tower

Ya know... I own a 9ZWCII, a 9ZAP and a 9CHP (and a host of other Futaba TX's too for that matter) so far be it from me to proclaim that I don't pi$$ money away on the latest and greatest in radios. On top of that, I'm an MCSE and network design engineer by trade so I always want the best in gadgets BUT...

$2300!?!?!? To heck with that. That's most of a 30-35% airplane to me give or take a few dollars. Do I need another 30%+ airplane? Not really. I have 6 but if I spend another $2300, you can bet it will be on another plane and not this radio as much as I'd love to have one.

Where's the beef? I tell you one thing; Futaba better get real with its marketing and get a reality check on this price because if this really is the price, I hope everybody in AMERICA boycotts buying one of these until they realize they have priced themselves right out of the hobbiest's market which is the market that MAKES them. It's not the corporate sponsored pilots that keep Futaba RC in business; it IS the Sunday afternoon flyers.

$2300?!?!?! I'll switch to JR first and that will probably cost me twice or maybe even over three times as much. I don't care. It's a principle thing with me. That price is RIDICULOUS if it's real.