RCU Forums - View Single Post - question on carbs
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 09:43 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on carbs

That is a good point about having enough time to land. I know what you mean when you hear that sound in the engine right before it dies. I noticed that the DD was pretty predictable at low speeds, i didnt expect it to be. I always figured it was come in hot and you have to pin it down quik before stall.

Also about the carb, well when I ordered my engine we ordered the GRRT rear intake and Ex and the GRRT FAI rear intake and rear round ex. Te other GRRT came with a carb that at the time looked like it was impossible to install on that engine. I called Morris Hobbies about it and the carb was ment to fit with the GRRT but was missing the bolts and adapter ring they said. If i would have known this i would have went ahead and got the carb with it. Only thing now is that adapter plate is out of stock and wont be in untill next week somtime, this is no biggie though.

And another thing is the carb the sent we are not sure wich one it is. The GRRT RC carb or the Q500 carb. This I'll have to find out. They did tell me that the Q500 carb was the optimal setup for the GRRT and was bigger than the regular GRRT RC carb. I asked about the size and they said that there is not much difference in size compared to the WOT venturi and peformance is not lost. So now I am pretty excited about getting it setup and on my DD. My OS46 FX I have in it flies okay but I want all out speed. Now only its just a UPS shipment away!