RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba T14MZ price is posted at Tower
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba T14MZ price is posted at Tower

Whiz bang features aside (i.e., features that excite but aren't important to the purpose of the product), there are going to be some who have to have the latest, most expensive radio just to say they have it. And I'll bet that more than half of the sales of the 14Z are going to be those kind of sales. I'm imagining a bunch of people who aren't knowledgeable enough to take advantage of all the features of the radio they already have going out and buying yet another radio they won't know what to do with ("It does EVERYTHING!.. if I ever learn how to use it.)

That happened with the MPX EVO to some extent, and now we see some people all bent out of shape because they have found something or another that it won't do exactly in the way they expect (even though it's more advanced in programming than 99% of the other radios currently available).

I'll make the prediction that will happen with the 14Z as well.
When it comes out with all the wonderful things it does (I hope someone at Futaba remembers to make sure it still flies airplanes ), someone is going to discover something it won't do and then we'll see a 1000 post thread emerge with all the complaints such as how this $2200 radio can't even run a "simple" (and of course, absolutely "necessary" ) mix where the Expo in one Flight Phase can't be linked to the Expo in another Flight Phase so that Dual Rates will cancel when the Expo of the stick in the first Flight Phase reaches 20% throw but only when the Expo in the second Flight Phase is set to more than 30%.

You watch; I can see the future.

Highflight