RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newby SPAD autogyro question
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 01:04 PM
emailbanter
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newby SPAD autogyro question

It's too bad Splinter Wood is so against SPADS. I enjoy flying both balsa and SPADS but out of all the planes I like to fly best is my fleet of .25 sized combat planes (Derringers), completely constructed out of Corplas. They are extremely rugged, light (yes, 2.5 lbs without fuel) and is highly manueverable, yet lands gently. What more could you want ? Theres a guy in my club who has one single corplas plane (a gnat) but is generally a balsa flyer and he complains everytime he can't get the plane to fly, blaming it on the corplas when it really has more to do with hand launching technique.

I have been flying for over a year now and have many balsa and spad planes. The spads are great flying ships, despite people's ignorant opinions of them (try one, then come back and lets talk). I also have more flying time than most of my club members during the year because I have no fear of wind or adverse conditions flying plastic. I also enjoy flying my Cub, 4-star 60, biplane, etc... and don't make it a point to put someone else's type of plane down. My club has about 50 members and I'd say at least a quarter of them have at least one SPAD.

It's a great sport until a few bozos interject thoughtless commentary about what someone flies. You don't have to like SPADS but at the very least, keep in mind what your comments do to others.