RCU Forums - View Single Post - Micro-Flite. What's the Beef?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 12:20 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Micro-Flite. What's the Beef?

For the past two and a half years, this place has been my haven away from any arguements, any ill-will, etc - just a cool place to hang out with the boys and share and gather usefull info about small planes. Sure, we have had a few guys come here and raise some hell for a short time but then it was back to normal. I feel bad for any new guys who happened to join in around the time the 010 crap was raging, it certainly doesnt represent the general attitude of the site and this forum.

As for me, if I were just starting off into small planes I wouldnt try an 010 first, I would stick to at least an 049, maybe an 020. It seems as you get smaller the planes are less forgiving (in many ways) especially for the less experienced modeler/flyer. Thats JMO I am sure some guys could go from .40 size to flying and building an .010 sport plane just fine.

For the record, Tango28charlie, if you do happen to re read the 010 threads, you can see many of us had actually had positive things to say (I for one suggested more than once that I thought the engine was probably a great little runner) but after the way things unfolded, well, it kinda left a bitter taste in more than a few mouths.... and thats a hard thing to fix unfortunately.

AJC