RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electro Uproar
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 08:50 PM
RiffRaff
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electro Uproar

I got out again tonight for a bit. This time on a 12x6 prop. The 12x6 is too much unless I raise her off the ground a bit. I broke this prop as well and all of the landings were very nice. The plane is way too fast for the field I am flying in here next to my house so I am going to downsize to a 10x5. The battery life on the 12x6 was great. I was not all out flying but I did about a half dozen takeoffs and landings and was air born for at minimum 5 minutes. I have not recharged the battery yet so I don't know haw many mAH I burned but performance was awesome! I am not a real good one to be a test pilot because my skills are minimal. Heck, I was proud just to be able to handle this thing and be able to land it smoothly. At 3 Lbs 6oz it lands incredibly easy. This uproar is awesome as an electric!

The wind was about 10 MPH and it did tend to toss the light plane around a bit. Still more than I am really comfortable with.

The plane takes off of grass with ease. Very short lift off run. Shorter than anything nitro I have flown to date. But the wing loading is so low at this weight I suppose that comes as no suprise. I never once got anywhere near full throttle on this thing and it screams!

Even as an inexperienced pilot I think I can safely say that the upraor (or dazzler) is a great conversion project for anyone. I would like to hear what the weight of the ARF version is. I tried to build this one light but it was mostly to the kit instructions with a few exceptions.

All I can say is I love this plane. I am going to convert a Tower Trainer ARF for my 8 year old son to cut his teeth on.

I am an e-believer now!

Riff