RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA ballots… Maybe a change?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 04:39 PM
BillyGoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA ballots… Maybe a change?

Well JR I did as you said and e-mailed Joyce this AM. The first part is my message to her then her response follows.

Joyce, First thank you for your response on RC Universe through JR regarding ballots being attached to membership renewals.

Not sure if your still monitoring that thread but there are speculations about the ballots that do arrive with renewals.

I don't expect anybody from the AMA to address speculation but can we get response from you regarding the question at the end of this particular post?

JR thank you for posting that message from Joyce!

Hopefully we still have the AMA’s ear in this thread because I would like to hear a response to the very eye opening twist this thread has taken… What about the ballots that do end up in Muncie? Obviously several support the probability of ballots finding their way to the auditor. Sounds easy enough to accomplish by a zealous supporter and impossible to prove after the fact.

Joyce can you please explain protocol when a membership renewal is received with the ballot still attached? We just might have some more good ideas for you.

I will assume, unless instructed other wise, any response to this message can be posted in the RCU forum.

Thank you!

Response from Joyce Hager
I find that answering an email that has been posted on RC Universe is usually a waste of time. People tear them apart and think whatever they want anyway, regardless of the information provided.

I will answer the question posted below, actually I sent something to JR this morning but he said that person would call me, so it was not posted. I would have to say honestly, that the only position that could be affected by the outcome of an election is the AMA Executive Director. I am on contract. I am also a firm believer that if I do my job, it really doesn’t matter who is setting at the table.

Now having said that, the ballots are put in a box, locked in a room and after the election they are kept for one year. Thanks for asking