RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need info on Halberstadt fighters
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Trev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on Halberstadt fighters

I'm trying to gather some info on the Halberstadt D- series (II, III, IV) single seat fighters.
Ever since playing Red Baron I've had my eye on the Halberstadt D.II and hope one day to build a scale or semi-scale model.
The full flying/fully deflecting tail surfaces reminiscent of the Fokker Eindecker I find particularly appealing.
Which variant I'll build will mostly depend on the available information.
One excellent doccumentation source is the windsock datafile (Halberstadt fighters) which has some decent 3-views.
However, it caters more to the needs & requirements of plastic modelers and lacks some of the details specifically required for rc-modelling.
As such I don't have any good illustrations of the airfoils or values for wing incidences used on these fighters.
Would anyone know where I can look for them??

I'm aware that such details for any of these rarely modelled ww1 A/C are probably hard to come by so I reckon it might also be possible to adopt the airfoil and incidences of more common types such as the albatross (which has a similar configuration).

Hence my next request: anyone have any airfoils/ incidences for albatross fighters? (proctor kit for instance)

help is much appreciated!

cheers,
Trev
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27529.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	186089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35159.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	186090