RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Hi Kirk,
mate know what you mean, the dust and accumulated rubbish that builds up is amazing, luckily I just have a concrete fllor so it is easy to clan up and I have lots of room.

Will keep you posted on the flaps. The major problem at the moment is procurement as I can not buy direct from Robart - only US and Canada and the local hobby shops do not stock specialty items not are they very willing to help much. I did contact our Oz distributor who told me yes they could get them in but I have to order through a hobby shop. So Robart adds on their price, then distributor then hobby shop. Bugger that!

If it comes down to I will see if a colleague in our New York office can forward them on to me if I get them sent there.

As for all those extra stringers, you really should not have had to add all of that. The shape of the sheeting should stop a lot of warping. Did you pre shape before fitting?

What I do is to wrap the sheets around a suitable object such a large coffee jar or similar that will give me a correct curvature once it is realeased. Just use rubber bands to hold it in place. Then I soak the sheets overnight in warm water with a a liberal amount o cloudy ammonia, still wrapped around the round tube.

When in the morning you unwrap the sheet from the tube it will be curved and will bend to the fuz shape very easily with no distortions. Try it on your next project.

Was going to post some piccies but keep forgetting to bring the flash card to work with me!!

Have posted 2 pics from a P47 that is at the US hanger at Duxford UK, note on the ELEV LE and on the Rudder LE that it is not a stright line but that the ends sweep back.

Snow, lucky bugger, we have to travel about 700 miles to get to the snow fields during winter if we want to go skiing. Oh well will just have to put up with golden beaches and surf instead

cheers
PEter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82148.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	186623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97532.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	186624