RCU Forums - View Single Post - Frequency Flag?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Frequency Flag?

ORIGINAL: staggerwing

I don't remember the section but the frequency flag is an FCC requirement. I believe it's in the Part 95 rules. The colors are red for aircraft on 72 mhz, yellow for surface on 75 mhz, black for all on 50 mhz and black and another color for each channel on 53 mhz for all. I am not sure currently about 27 mhz. In the past the 27 mhz channels had a two color flag like, orange/blue, red/black, etc.

Rich
AD9V
Answering the question, like Red said, I, too, can no longer find that item about our aircraft only flags. Whar' it GO?[:-]

On the other hand 27 mhz freqs have and still use SINGLE color streamers for identification, such as brown 26.995, red, 27.045, etc.
2 color streamers using one BLACK are for the ham freqs such as red/black is 53.20. Our old original 72/75mhz freqs were 2 streamer with one being white. Red/white was 72.240, yellow/white was 75.960, then there was blue/white, orange/white, green/white and a couple more.

While I seldom see a channel # on transmitters, I would never even think of being without one. Take a piece of card stock, mark the channel # both sides, cover it with clear tape, and tie it the the antennae. Tells all others and reminds you when you reach and get the wrong pin. UH well, I have heard that has been done uh yeah that's it, I heard it!!!