RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Smartech Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 01:29 AM
jajwrigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Smartech Thread

The first thing I had to do was get the brake/throttle situation in check. Everytime I would get the car running I would get a car that wouldn't stop moving (no functional braking) or a car that wouldn't exceed 1/2 throttle. I have my set so that when I am off of the throttle, full brake is engaged and when I nail it, the carb opens all the way. You can set these by turning on the electronics on the car and the remote. My neutral setting in the remote is in the middle position. From this point I tightened the top screw in all the way and backed it off 3 full turns. Make sure your glow stick is charged, prime the full 2 or 3 times and begin trying to start. Listen to the engine and adjust the top needle 2 or 3 clicks at a time until it starts to get closer to starting. Eventually it will get going and try to keep it running for break in. Once you break the engine in the car is actually pretty quick. I raced a kid on a scooter today and absolutely killed him! I also raced my neighbor in the family car and barely beat them as well! Good luck to you and I hope some of this helps!