RCU Forums - View Single Post - HEADTENNA for better reception
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 03:10 AM
Deltageek2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEADTENNA for better reception

AH wrote- Sorry dude, but no one else had replied, so thought I'd voice what others may *perhaps* have been thinking...

...can't say its ingenious, but I'd love to see a picture of you wearing it ;o) you have to admit, it must look pretty stupid, myself and colleagues were in stitches with the thought.

p.s. no need for the Private Message "...go bother somebody else", a forum is for discussion, if you don't want criticism, think twice before posting!!

OK, since you press the point...

For whom do you pretend to speak? Why would they appoint you to discuss such a non-topic? I agree it would look better- and balance better- if the components were smaller but I wanted excellent performance with this- my second system- for high altitude and high quality. The rx would be in the backpack if the antenna were longer- but it isn't. I would put the antenna on the transmitter but the interference would trash the video quality and compromise the pointing accuracy and increase my workload while flying.

There are as many guys on here that are professionals of every stripe and some of the best craftsmen, miltary aviators, engineers and technicians I've ever known- as there are total beginners with trashed airplanes about to quit if they can't get an answer to their questions. If they have fashion advice they can comment freely- but they are different than you it seems. Why not find a military site and ridicule them about those silly tincans on their heads? They would hand you your head, boy.

As for "DUDE YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE"- YOU CALL THAT A DISCUSSION???? I asked you once- and here you are again. What will it be next time? I assure you it will be the LAST TIME. I can take a joke- so say something funny!

Among rude kids that might pass for deep conversation- but I believe most guys on here are beyond your adolescent posing and simply want to improve their skills and knowledge- without wasting a lot of money trying- and a lot of it is not something you can learn without spending the money and hoping you can pull it off.

Now that you have revealed how you think, are we all the better for it? Enjoying our sport more? If this is to be the discussion then do continue- I can take criticism of what I wrote- or my adaptation of what I saw as a breakthru idea- but how I look!??? You have GOT to be kidding! The guys at the field are far more interested in seeing the view from the Head Mounted Display than giggling about my appearance. They look pretty silly too wearing the HMD- but the view is unlike anything you have ever seen- and the quality is equal to systems costing thousands more0- all I needed to do was optimize every component and risk losing all that money if it didnt work out.

You have no idea who I am or what I've been thru in my life and I don't need your endless series of insults- or your approval. I came on here to have fun- but that has changed. There is another venue that seems pretty mature and friendly. I will gladly leave here permanently if you wish.

I have stepped on a toe or two myself- but apologized when I was wrong- having misinterpreted something someone wrote. But this is different. I remember posting compliments on your smeary videos thinking you were a rank beginner with a dirt cheap system- now you are a daily insult to me for caring.

I PM'd you because what I had to say to a rude child like yourself was not pertinent to anything anyone would want to read here- but we'll do it your way. I told you in that PM that if you were not interested in the subject- why even reply- and here you are again with something even more hateful.

AH, I am sure you and your boyfriends are far prettier than me and your fashion sense is impeccable. No problem. Save your opinions pertaining to your taste in men for your other websites and your buddies- it reveals far more about you than any of us really want to know. You missed the point entirely- it isn't about my looks- or my ego.

Did you ever spend a bundle on equipment and have it not perform as well as you wanted and not know why? Does money come that easily to you? I have had some people on here thank me for giving them some insight on their problems with this- and helped them with other problems elsewhere due to this discussion, giving them ideas and helping get their money's worth for their investment. I never made a dime on this sport- quite the opposite.

Just because they didnt post here, not wanting to ask a "silly Q" in public doesnt mean I had no replies or satisfying discussions. Now I see why they would not risk it. I am new enough here to say this is my first- and now second- such attack and I am starting to understand why people leave and go to RC-GROUPS and post angrily about this place. If this is to be the permanent new topic- I am already gone.

Why didnt you risk writing something that would help a newbie who is out a lot of money with nothing to show for it but intermittent static? Why is it you don't help anyone? I don't claim to be a genius- or even having invented the concept.

I just recognized the idea as the perfect solution to a serious problem I had getting good video from a MW link- and adapting it to my needs in the best way I could for the best value I can get for my money- and dared to share it with some people I have come to call friends. Some people want to do this- and they know NOTHING yet- but they want to learn. Sorry to bore a jaded genius like yourself. If a rerun comes on TV- do you curse it- or change the channel?

I came to my knowledge thru hard work, wasted money and bitter disapointment, not born talent. Hard work is often mistaken for genius by the casual observer. I sacrificed a lot to have the video quality and capabilities my system has now- and if anyone wants to spend over a thousand dollars only to find it makes lousy video- due to something they didnt know- then maybe I did some good.

If someone new to the sport and this subject is afraid to post a question due to fear of being accused of "looking stupid"- even if they are an accomplished professional in another field- would they decide not to- just to avoid being called stupid? Take that one up with the management here and let them give you THEIR opinion. I would like to know what they think- or you could speak for them too....

Confine your remarks to the subject or the moderator will send you to your room- I guess. This particular discussion is over. PM me if you have any more fashion tips for me.
==============================
IN OTHER NEWS...

Randall! Your brain will be fine! It is a Receiver- it doesnt radiate anything! There is more of a field around the wires from the battery than the rx. Let's not even mention a tinfoil hat... But since your adaptation has a TX in it too... yeah, go with the foil...
It better look good tho... Check with Gary Bussy and see if he still thinks helmet laws suck. hehe

Yeah, its a clunky rig but comfortable and effortless to get continuously good crystal clear video from start to finish- unlike my previous experience. I am not selling anything- as I said- its a concept- not a product. If you find smaller higher performing gear- do let me know- but this is my baby- and its PAID FOR- and IT WORKS WELL- and they line up for a turn to experience it for themselves!

I finally got a chance to fly the brushless sailplane just before dark in a still gusty 10 to 15 knot wind and got my butt kicked all over the sky but had a ball. Thanks for the feedback and the pix of your system.

==============================

Thanks, Mike

I am using the I-Glasses. 1.4 million pixels for each eye, 800 x 600 resolution and the closest thing you will find to an IMAX experience at the local weedpatch- with stereo sound for the ears- and over a grand cheaper than any system with similar performance and video quality. I hesitate to post a pic of it here tho... you know I scare children so I stay in the tower and just ring the bells. THE BELLS!!! THE BELLS!!!! I've had them for a year or so and forgotten where I got em. I'll look it up and post the link for you.

They run around $700- and I thought long and hard before going that deeply into this project but I wanted to do the Remote Piloting thing and its everything I hoped it would be from video quality- to ease of use- to a stunning point of view that'll have you reaching to tighten your harness when you go aerobatic.

When I said SIT DOWN to use this head mounted display I was NOT kiddding! A buddy fell down when the maneuvering and that waraparound display gave him vertigo!