RCU Forums - View Single Post - HEADTENNA for better reception
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 06:54 PM
Deltageek2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEADTENNA for better reception

Hey, Randall.

Good point. Thanks for your low riding perspective on this.

I haven't looked up his profile to see who this rude dude is- and I doubt I will- there is no longer any point in that- but I see he is a Senior Contributor- which surprised me since who talks like a kid. Seems he Contributes to the loss of beginners who would ask why their pretty plane is smashed to crap- and they want some answers- before they give up on RC altogether.

I understand now why a young flyer with two smashed planes was getting advice suggesting even more expensive planes- to a guy who barely got airborne before losing them both. I didn't see that as the solution to his problem but I am not in the business- I only support it with my own interests and have always helped beginners to get started- whether it was hang gliders, ultralights or RC. What a shame for them. There are other sports and hobbies and maybe they will find better company to keep. I will do likewise.

It hadn't occurred to me that his COLLEAGUES were the RCU staff. Now I am starting to understand. They have this site to make money and push their products- and I have suggested other equipment and suppliers- since they have nothing comparable- not realizing it was just a storefront for them- and their respect can only be bought. The fault is mine for not thinking of that beforehand.

You've been cool, R, and we had some fun. I'll stay in touch and see if we can optimize your app a bit more. Keep that foil handy.... Keep yer shiny side up- and the rubber side down!!!