RCU Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:39 PM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reponse from Sierra

You know, I don't want to get into a heated discussion like this is turning into and I'll kick myself for this but:

Juvatwad, I see that message was sent to you as a PM. It wasn't posted in the forum. It's easy to dump on someone (this time its me) because no one else was privy to his pm to you. He didn't believe it was proper for all to see what he wrote you about your opinion. Maybe he wrote what he did. I don't know. Sure he comes across in his PUBLIC postings like he knows it all/knows a lot. Knows more than me, that's for sure. Knows it all? Nah, no one knows it all.

My post was made in light of what the mod wrote and I stand by what I wrote. I won't go into what you copied into your post because it's private. Luke's opinion is AS valid as yours is. That's what this forum is about. I can see from your copying that he may have said things that a more cultured person may not have said. Be that as it may, like all things you could just ignore it and considering who it came from, just trash it and forget about it. OR you could do what you did and make it public. Your decision is made.

As far as F4 goes, you say "know when to keep them to myself". Well, with the exception of a PM, Luke did. Like I said in my post, we always read glowing (and maybe not so glowing) reviews of equipment: planes, tools, whatever. What they say is the truth. But is it the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Most of the time, yes, I have to hope it is. But all the time? I don't know. It's only after I've bought something that sometimes I find that it's not all it's cracked up to be. But for the Luke's of the world, I would buy everything pitched at me because I'm a trusting soul .

You got a tough job as mod. One I wouldn't want. The imposition on your time must be tremendous. I don't envy you but I respect you for what you try to do.

These forums aren't about making people feel all warm and fuzzy. It's about imparting information AND voicing opinions about our love of this hobby. Maybe some people express their views in abrasive and grating ways. But doesn't that type of communication also have a place in here? Not all people are calm and rational and cultured all the time. Sometimes we say things that, given a second chance, would either rephrase or withdraw. I know, I've been there.

All I'm saying is, Luke expressed his opinion. Good or bad, polite or obnoxious. If it was the latter, well that's the way he is. Lots of opinionated people live in this world.

As someone once said: "I don't necessarily agree with what you said, but I'll defend your right to say it" or something along those lines.

I've gotta add this disclaimer: I don't know Luke from a hill of plane parts: young or old, banker or hippy (kinda dates me don't ya know). I do know that thousands have followed his thread(s) on mods he's done. Can that many people be wrong?