RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please Help Want to try IMAC
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 01:58 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please Help Want to try IMAC

Sure -all that stuff flys--but being too light? -that will NOT happen - too slow and too light - that does happen-
For the newcomer - I still say -go for the light setup - typically a newcomer does not fly in 15-20 mph winds - He needs something that is EZ to fly -forgiving and does not suffer from trim changes due to speed changes due to being overweight .underpowered.
BTW, my under 20 oz loading model handles wind extremely well - simply because it will easily accelerate thru the upwind/cross wind stuff.
Big planes have scale effect(RN) and momentum going for them - a little model does not.
9 lb good aerobatic ARFS probably don't exist - outside of expensive FAI pattern models but that doesn't mean one should just give up on the idea - a little bit of work can solvea lot of problems.
I have flown H9 zdz40 models at 13.5 lbs which I can fly thru the Unlimited sequence in pretty good style.
But compared with my light model - same engine - no comparison in how easily the same pattern is flown.
Try it.