RCU Forums - View Single Post - whiplash
Thread: whiplash
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2002, 02:32 AM
jlong34016
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whiplash

Painted whiplash today. Was going to fly it tomorrow. However, in my rush to completion i didnt test fit the fins in plane. I assumed that since there are only two pieces to the entire plane that they would have been made to fit. Wrong. I found out after i had epoxied the two halves that it didnt fit, not by a long shot. I tried feverishly to sand and cut away some material as the 30 min zpoxy was setting up. After 15 minutes i still wasnt even close to getting it to seat. Spent the next 30 minutes trying to get the epoxy off so i could reglue later. As you can imagine i had epoxy everwhere on the fins, ruined my nice paint job as it wasnt completely dry, got glue all over my wifes nice table and wasted approx. 2 1/2 hours cleaning it all up. I cant believe nobody else has had this problem, or maybe they were smart enough to test fit. Now i remember why i hate arfs, its easier to build from scratch than to fix someone elses mistake. I guess this plane will go in the to be completed later pile and i'll just stick with my dust for now. :disappoin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	21816_7285.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	13785