Thread: patriot xl
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 11:16 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: patriot xl

Hi there X....

first off.... I'm a native Islander. Born and raised in Melville Flew with the LIFTS for 15 years before moving away.

Second....... The XL flies like any decent pattern ship. No bad habits at all. Just build it per plans, and try to keep it light. Inboard flaps reportedly work fairly well to help on landing approaches (more for drag than for lift).

The only thing negative I have heard is that the main landing gear may be a bit too far back. May have been intentional in the design... not sure....but the plane take a lot of ground speed before it rotates for takeoff.

Flys just fine on an OS91FX, APS91, and the TT91 will probably be good too. I have a handful of guys building them with the Jett SJ-90L or BSE-90L up front. Although I have not had feedback on any airworthy yet.

There is a nice build thread on the XL in here. Look back a week or two. Thread slowed down for a bit, but there are good photos and info in there.

Reports I have is that the plane is fairly quick, but no air data or radar varification of speeds yet.

Another option........ look up AngelDesigns on here (look on recent posts). He is over in NJ (If I have not forgotten). He has a couple of speed aircraft he can provide built (ARFish). Nice designs, and well behaved.

I hope this is helpful

Bob