RCU Forums - View Single Post - Viper Help
Thread: Viper Help
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper Help

I usually use 15% coolpower in 2 strokes, Byrons 15% in 4 strokes and 30% Coolpower in heli's. However, I ran the Jett 50 on Byron's 15% since it is not fully synthetic... The Jett ran awesome.

I've been reading some other posts on here about the Viper regarding motor incidence, I checked mine against the wing and the motor is -2 degrees... supposed to be 0 degrees all around. This is probably why I had to dial in up trim to keep her level in flight. Guess I'll fix that and then pin the firewall on too while I'm at it.

I glued the bushing in the Viper wheels and just used a regular axle to hold it on (haven't flown it yet to test).

Ed Smith, thanks for the info on the D-1 APC props, I too am new to running motors that'll spin so fast.

Any prop recommendation for the Jett 50 and Viper combo... I was thinking about trying a 8.75X8.75 or higher pitch and go from there...

PS I plan on adding color to the all white wing so I can see it better in the air... And the Jett 50 sounds awesome as it's unloading in the air!!