RCU Forums - View Single Post - Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 PM
marc@rrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?

Ok, i'm not going to comment at all on the revo because i've never owned one, however i do own a rather famous TNX.
During it's intial running in period it was subjected to some rather brutal treatment at the hands of some quite well know people in the R/C scene.
At the end of this "running in" period we managed to damage the following parts:

4 of the engine head cooling fins
1 servo
1 front bumper (totalled)
1 electric starter mounting
3 of the body mounts and the on board battery pack was smashed to pieces ( even though the shell remained intact!!!!?)

I must stress if you own this car and intend to race on tarmac, find a way to sheild the engine head in case the car over turns.

We managed to source replacment parts in a matter of minutes on one phone.

In my humble opion the TNX is a vastly superior machine to the TC (and lest we forget the "wild commando") But you have to remember that although the TNX it very competative out of the box it IS after all an RTR and as such WILL ALWAYS need to be modified in order to compete properly. During the course of the "running in" period the TNX was placed in a race enviroment a few times and equalled many customed cars on the track that day. This car has an amazing turn of speed down the straight (due to the weight reductions from the TC) but lacked turning ability as the race was being held are tarmac and not off road (as intended).

You really need to find club mates that have these cars and talk them into letting you play with them for a bit.

Regards
Marc