RCU Forums - View Single Post - Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 11:15 AM
fhm101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?

Since the flaming seems to have died a bit, here's a few simple facts fresh from the RC Pro Series national finals held last weekend.

1. Traxxas was there with bells on, not only with a raft of revo's, but also quite a few maxx trucks. In addition, they put a $100 bounty on the win in MT with one of their trucks.
2. While I saw all manner of trucks in both production and unlimited, I didn't see a single truck I could identify as a TNX. That's not to say there was not TNX trucks in the field, just if they were there they were so modified they could not be identified as a TNX.
3. The production class A main consisted of 10 revos and the winner was a Danny Beers Pro Hobby revo driven by Bobby Moore. Danny simply dropped a pound of weight from the truck, rearranged the placement of components, and changed tires. Other than that it was out of the box stock suspension, engine, etc.
4. Boggy Creek is a brutal track with no tolerance of fools and it took it's toll on the revo. The smooth drivers had no parts issues, but the plow boys stayed broken. If you are thinking of jumping into racing for the first time, a well prepped t maxx or TNX would be the better choice for a starter truck unless you enjoy spending lots of time and money on new parts and their replacement.
5. All I heard all weekend from the revo drivers I talked to was how much better their lap times were with the revo versus the truck they had switched from.

Those are the simple facts. If you are offended by opinions, please stop reading now.

Having been around MT racing for the last several years I can tell you the revo is a runaway winner over anything else I've seen yet, but it's not perfect by any means. if you are a thrash and crash kind of driver I doubt you will find happiness with it, but if you can lay it down with your current MT take a long look at the revo. I can almost promise you will be instantly better if you switch to one, it's that good. In just a few short months it came to totally dominate the production class in the toughest test of MT racing in America. Not only do you have to be good to win in the Pro Series, you have to be able to do it over and over again. The new 2004 national champion production class MT is the revo and IMHO that won't be changing any time in the next few years. With the exception of being anvil tough, the revo is everything hard core MT racers have been asking for. Traxxas heard you and did an excellent job of delivering the goods. When you tack on the huge support system from both traxxas and the aftermarket, the choice for a hard core race MT for the privateer becomes a no brainer. If the other companies don't get busy, we might as well rename production MT the revo class.