RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Peter, I would leave the cockpit floor in untill you have the fuse all sheated. It serves to give the fuse more stability as you build it out. I just finished all the fuse then removed it, not a problem as the floor is scored and pops out with a exacto. The top and middle stringers are glued in after the horizonal stab is glued down. This allows you to place the tail on and get a better measurement of the length to cut the stringers plus the angle to cut the ends so they mate up with the tail. I had the same problem trying to figure out the stringers ! My 47 is all done except the covering! The cowl from Stans fiberglass fit perfect and is a upgrade from the plastic one provided. The one issue is the 1/5 scale radial engine that TF makes is round and will need to be butchered big time to fit in the oblong 47 cowl.
Traveled constantly the last few weeks and slowed down considerably in the build but I hope to have it all covered/painted by x-mas. The good news is my shop is now clean of balsa dust!!
Give us a update on your 47 when you get a chance.
Kirk