RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 Scale Miss Ashley II pics
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1/12 Scale Miss Ashley II pics

Hey Guys

Just thought I'd share some pics of a new bird. For those who aren't familiar with the original aircraft it was a scratch built P-51 fuselage with an -H model vertical mated to a Lear Jet wing and horizontal. Up front was a Rolls Royce Griffon with counter rotating props out of a Shackelton patrol bomber. Sadly it crashed at Reno killing pilot Gary Levitz. It was one of the most attractive of all the unlimiteds in my opinion. Pics of it can be found here: www.warbirdaeropress.com or www.aafo.com

I designed this MA2 in '99 for a loose 1/12 Reno class we raced locally. It is all laser cut with Obechi sheeted foam wing with carbon spars. The canopy and belly pan/scoop are molded fiberglass/carbon. Span is 34 1/2" The prototype was powered by a RJL Conquest .15 piped, weighed 2.5 lb. It did 127 mph flat and level. I always wanted to go faster with it so this one has a Nelson .15 with an enclosed pipe, a few other aero mods and weighs 2.2 lb. Im hoping for 140 mph, we'll see.

Anyone else into 1/12 Reno stuff? I aslo have a Super Corsair built from a Pica kit. In various stages of construction I have a Critical Mass and Stilletto from Airkill kits and a Czech Mate of my own design with a glass fuselage.

Hope to see some pics of your small stuff.

Red
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31561.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	198920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69151.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	198921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14509.jpg
Views:	111