RCU Forums - View Single Post - History of R/C
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 09:18 PM
The PIPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: History of R/C

Dear Mr RC-Cam:

The PIPE here yet again...and at that Japanese site, I could not help but notice those Dee Bee Quadruplex and "Space Control" made KNOBBY radios in the photo lineup at that site!!!

I've LONG known that knobby radios have been around for about 40 years now...and nowadays, if you look at some of the postings by "Turbines" here at RCU, and at my OWN thread at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Buil..._302053/tm.htm you'll find out there's STILL a good enough number of us knobby fliers around...like yours truly in the following photo!

And for some MORE photos of "where all those KNOBBY radios went", well, I've attached photos of RonWC's AND Flicka5's LARGE collections of knobby radios to this post...examine and ENJOY!!!

I'd LOVE to see some MORE "vintage" knobby radio photos, especially of Kraft, Millcott, World Engines, EK, Cannon and even the New England based Westport International manufacture...I'll do some searching around myself, but I'd like to see if anyone here at RCU may even HAVE a few of those "lesser-known" brands of KNOBBY radio gear, that they could take photos of and share them with the rest of us..."just an idea" !!!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13543.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	201856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31485.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	201857