RCU Forums - View Single Post - EXF mini 3D battery ??????
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:15 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: EXF mini 3D battery ??????

HAHAHAHA, Well first off heres the thread, You aint got nothin on me in the weight category:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_14...tm.htm#1478120

The Bushinged OS just was'nt enough So I bumped up to a 25FX adding a few more ounces. However this thing was so phsyco capable I could not keep it running equaly well rightsideup/inverted, even with a bubbless fuel system. Thus the Econversion. The Cermark motor is a few oz lighter than OS25FX. I still run a full size JR PCM receiver. As I said it's an experiment in low budget, power with this combo still only needs less than 1/2 for any manuever except thrust vectoring 3D needing 2/3. with full for pullouts.

How does one get a big battery in well, I took the 10 cell GP3300 out of the sleeve and made a long stick of single cells, stuff them into a .75" ID plastic tube for fish tank aquariums. Battery pack weighs 20 oz. I then have it stuck in the bottom of fuse triangle shape from the nose to just past wing trailing edge, it comes out the front easily for removal as I made the nose bottom piece a right angle. A very wild Tail heavy C/G that WILL EAT its own tail, does a cool tumble with enertia still going forward during tumble yet it does not exhibit ANY tip stall features and lands at a snails pace. This is an awesome plane and when I decide what I really can achieve at any budget I will replace this one as the slimmer exhaust has taken it's toll on the CHINAKOTE covering. I will probably opt for an AXI outrunner then as well,..

Reason for the 20oz NImh approach was I could by 3 and kwik charge them rapid fire as compared to LiPo's but 6-8 minute flights is proving to not be worth the aggravation of multiple packs. Thus my ???? I'm leaning towards the 4400 3S PolyQuest cells Any input???? There only $159 and will transfer quite nicely to Axi outrunner use.........