RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Bit Of Cox Nostalgia On The Tee Dee .010
Old 12-17-2004, 10:37 AM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Bit Of Cox Nostalgia On The Tee Dee .010

Yes, the MF throttle works, and in a unique way. Too bad that Roger is mishandling the entire enterprise. I learned a lot about myself from all of this.

Just for the interest of all, pictured are my attempts at throttling the TD .010. I tried using the Arlton Brothers patented method, (with permission) and also using a barrel type baffle. Both worked quite well. I did find a lot of variation in the top end, from engine to engine. Not to mention idle figures. Best was 9K up to 26-27K. The idea was to get away from the sleeve type throttle and at the same time direct the exhaust away from the plane somewhat. Another version also used a small muffler but the noise was nearly as loud and too much power was lost. Well, I think its the pitch not the decibels that's most noticeable on this little screamer so a muffler is redundant.

Also shown is a clank tank/mount. I had hoped that these ideas might have commercial possibilities but I'm a tinkerer, not an entrepreneur.

The last pic shows a TD .020 with an airbleed throttle coupled to a muffler baffle arrangement. The muffler on this one was originally installed on the .010. Not necessary really on the .010 but was found useful on the .020. Not too much power loss and noise WAS reduced nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15427.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	203954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28353.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	203955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18843.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	129.2 KB