Thread: AMA EC Humor
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 07:52 PM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA EC Humor

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

LOL! You guys never cease to amaze me.

Here everyone is grousing about how the $ get spent and then someone makes a stab at finding a better way to make the mousetrap and it gets shot at!
Jim-
They toss out better moustraps to us all the time. Very often we fail to recognize them in the minutes, due to the quaint codes they use to refer to them in the minutes. Example: how did you feel about the motion that passed to accept the affinity program? Sounds nice doesn't it? What kind of Grinch wouldn't want AMA to have an affinity program for Pete's sake? People grouse about lack of communication about what transpires in Muncie, but it's there in the minutes, with pesky details omitted of course. Like "a motion was made to accept the recommendation of the PAC." Pesky details about the nature of the next monumental expansion at Muncie and what it is going to cost us courteously omitted; nobody wants to bothered with that.
A little bird told me that during the last EC meeting there was some discourse on the topic of succession to AMA prexy, should the incumbent move on during his term. I haven't discovered that in the minutes yet, but surely it's a language problem on my part, or just some more pesky details omitted.
Anyway, "affinity program" has a nicer ring to it than "send members unsolicited merchandise to pay for or return." Perhaps I've been grousing about what the EC has been up to for long, my vocabulary of nice words has languished to a point where my comprehension of the reports of all the great things they are doing just went over my head.

Abel