Old 12-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA EC Humor

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

LOL! You guys never cease to amaze me.

Here everyone is grousing about how the $ get spent and then someone makes a stab at finding a better way to make the mousetrap and it gets shot at!
Jim-
They toss out better moustraps to us all the time. Very often we fail to recognize them in the minutes, due to the quaint codes they use to refer to them in the minutes. Example: how did you feel about the motion that passed to accept the affinity program? Sounds nice doesn't it? What kind of Grinch wouldn't want AMA to have an affinity program for Pete's sake? People grouse about lack of communication about what transpires in Muncie, but it's there in the minutes, with pesky details omitted of course. Like "a motion was made to accept the recommendation of the PAC." Pesky details about the nature of the next monumental expansion at Muncie and what it is going to cost us courteously omitted; nobody wants to bothered with that.
A little bird told me that during the last EC meeting there was some discourse on the topic of succession to AMA prexy, should the incumbent move on during his term. I haven't discovered that in the minutes yet, but surely it's a language problem on my part, or just some more pesky details omitted.
Anyway, "affinity program" has a nicer ring to it than "send members unsolicited merchandise to pay for or return." Perhaps I've been grousing about what the EC has been up to for long, my vocabulary of nice words has languished to a point where my comprehension of the reports of all the great things they are doing just went over my head.

Abel
GIVE ME A BREAK!

I was talking about the hoi poli, NOT the anointed that refuse and or ignore communications from Leader Members in their district, like MY DVP. He seems to be living a lie about wanting to communicate with the membership as he said in his campaign "tales" and proof of that can be found in MA for the last several months where he says talk to him. I guess if folks were in Muncie all the time, they could talk to him, but only if they were browning their noses. Are you really surprised with the likes of him in office that the AMA chooses to use code words when they are attempting to get more money from us again?

Abel,

That you call the latest attempt at getting into the membership's pocket book "They toss out better moustraps to us all the time. " scares me. On one hand you give the AMA credit for being innovative in fleecing the membership and with the other you complain. If the latter really is your point,

please DO NOT USE LANGUAGE THAT CAN BE TWISTED TO INDICATE YOU APPROVE OF THE HIDDEN AGENDA'S OF SOME OF OUR LESS STELLAR EC MEMBERS!

As for the succession issue, I wonder if it is necessary or just more moustraps. I am beginning to think they do these EC meetings to say they do something and then just let someone do whatever they want. Like threatening Leader Members and the like.