RCU Forums - View Single Post - I have little doubt that Don will be up to anything that is presented to him.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:30 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have little doubt that Don will be up to anything that is presented to him.

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

While the above is addressed to "Jon" I would like to make a few comments.

No one should have any right to edit any AMA ELECTED OFFICER's writings!! NO ONE!
Horrace, while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, the fact is that the Publications Committee has the right, from a motion voted on, and passed by the EC.

Koranda was hired to give AMA "....top level Executive Experience..." as per one Doug Holland, Jan. '05 MA pg. 173. IMO it is just an addition to the DH SNOB appeal.
Koranda will strut about and blame Joyce for whatever is wrong. He will most likely collect more money than Joyce has been collecting. JR since you have all the inside roads into the EC, maybe you can find out that item.
I suggest you use your mole if you want to know.

Where in _ell can do you get such an idea that DB was not involved in the hiring processes? While he denies "credit' he says that he was "....in the background...' and he also says that he spoke with DK about AMA possibilities. From Holland's articles I get that of course Holland may well have been the prime negotiator, but so what? Many company negotiators do the face-to face-chores but run to the CEO for decisions with each give and take. "The timing was right for us to take advantage..." NOTE the term "us" which IMO says very well that DB was the man making the drive during the hunt although someone else may well do the shooting. Of course the negotiating team would be made up by someone able to talk money, the #1 subject a "top level executive" will listen to.
Suffice to say the magnifying glass you use to read between the lines is severely cracked.

Any organization having an Executive Director will have problems that come up. The ED should be able to handle any thing within the guidelines as prescribed Ex. Council. Will he handle it with modelers in mind or in the fashion of Business Executives where the only concerns are screwing the employees and getting bigger bonuses from and for the Directors?
Sorry, I must have missed a motion where the Directors receive any bonus, regardless of performance. As a matter of fact, the concept of a bonus implies remuneration for services rendered, and other than a small expense account, I am unaware of any such remuneration. I guess I missed it. Maybe it was done in a discussion and not by motion and vote. Of course, if I did not miss such a motion, that leaves only the other possibilty you mention.

Holland says Joyce will be Koranda's executive assistant and she has "....excellent administrative experience..."
non sequitur

In any case things may be even more interesting as we get another Ex. Director from the Ex. Director ranks rather than one with AMA/modeling political experience and probably one that will court the EC, especially the President and CFO with the utmost charm and politics. Of course that is all just my opinion based on a _ell of a lot of experiences with businesses, unions, and other association politics.
Please expound, I was under the impression that your experience ran from being a member of the military, to an employee of an airline, owning a hobby shop, as well as having been a previous EC member. Other than being a member of those other organizations you mentioned, what, specifically, is your experience?