RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trouble with new Savage 21
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Savage_Dias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trouble with new Savage 21

It could be any one or a combination of things. Check these...

1. Reset needles to factory specs. That should get you close enough to start it as long as the engine is room temp or warmer.
2. Check the glow plug. It should burn a bright red.
3. Make sure your glo starter battery is good. It should be able to keep the plug bright red for an extended period. If it gets dull after 5 seconds or so it needs charged.
4. Make sure you're getting fuel into the engine. With a .21 you should have a primer button on the tank. Prime until fuel reaches the carb then you should hear fuel squirting into the carb on the next 2 pumps. Don't add more fuel after that.
5. Make sure the engine isn't flooded. If it is, remove the glo plug & washer, cover the head with a rag or paper towel, tip the truck away from you, then pull the cord until fuel stop coming out of the engine. Tip the truck to make sure any fuel in the pipe drains out. Don't prime it after you put the plug back in.
6. Use short quick pulls to start the engine. If it starts sounding bubbly then it's flooded.
7. If it keeps flooding then pinch the fuel line going into the carb. It can start off fuel inside the engine & carb. I did this with a T Maxx a few days ago that wouldn't quit flooding.

When I broke in my .21 it wouldn't even consider moving the truck until after the 1st two tanks. Even then it was very sluggish. I can't think of anything else to tell you unless you can give us more info on what it's doing. Good luck!