RCU Forums - View Single Post - How To - Plug In Wings
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:24 PM
ptxman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To - Plug In Wings

ORIGINAL: N2EC
Peter, Thanks for the help and great pictures which has helped me a great deal. If only you could post the picture for the fuesaleg jig..it woud be absolutely perfect learning...once again great work..also a top view photo of inside the fuselage of the wing installed to the fuselage and bolted on would be of great use..
Here is a top view pic that shows a few things. Its at the stage where the fuse socket has been aligned & glued into the fuse with the ply donuts. Whats happening now is the root rib is aligned to fuse, centered on the spar socket & at correct incidence. Now the adjuster pin holes are drilled in the fuse & using the root rib as a template & the pin sockets are glued onto the rib matched to that. The rods are preferred over the gator adjusters themselves because that ensures the wing will pull off in a parallel line with the spar. ie, the fuse is tapered so if the pins came out at 90 deg to the fuse side, they wuld bind in the socket. The slight angle of the adjuster themselves is then an easy manner of gluing it in on a pad of ply slightly beveled or a bit more epoxy.

Sorry dont have a pic of the spar alignment jig anymore, I might be able to cad one. But basically visualize this view with 2 blocks, 1 for each end of the aluminum spar tube. They each have a hole in it to match the spar & of course they are positioned to yeild the alignment of the spar, both perpendicular to the fuse C/L & at the same height from the jig baseplate (so the spar is horizontal when viewed from the rear). Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71222.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	210156