RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Badius Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
afineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Troublecar24

This brush less motor would not be a real improvement in the Slow Stick.

I have been reading up on what others have tried doing with this motor, it really is not a good choice for the slow stick. You need something that can swing a big prop, and this motor can't.
I will say, this motor does (for me) give the Corsair perfect power, as thought it was made for the Corsair. But then again in time as I get better, I may want to throw something bigger on it. BUT I really liked the power and the way it flew on it's maiden, SSOO who knows

TerryE

No I have not used a 3 cell yet, my skills as of yet can't use the extra power, I also like the reduced weight.

Currently I'm using Lipos from here http://lightflightrc.com/, Dave is a good guy and gives GREAT support ( he responded on a Sunday to an e-mail I sent him).
When it comes to lipos, the technology is changing FAST, what is the rage today will change next month, select a battery that meets your current needs and what you think you may want to do in the next flying season ( capacity, C rating, weight ), any of the lipos form the reputable suppliers are ok. for me #1 Cost, #2 Capacity, #3 C rating, #4 Weight.

BY NO MEANS am I saying this should be used a a standard, this is just the way I approach the lipos.

Hope it helps