RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Magazines?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Magazines?

ORIGINAL: yard-dart

Horrace,

When I mentioned other magazines, I meant "smaller" issues. You can't tell me that if the AMA would take the common articles out of the current issue and combine them into a smaller magazine, that it would cost more. Sure, they'd like for you to think that it costs more, but it wouldn't, and people know that.

When a person signs up/joins the AMA, there could be an option of which magazine they would like to receive (electrics, combat, slope soaring, turbines, large scale 3D, etc....). Each could have an article or two on power supplies (electrics, glow, or gas), which ever the magazine is catered to.
//snip//

Good point and that might be a workable idea. The sorting and such plus the extra set-up costs with different printing schedules would definitely cost more. It could be made up by significantly increasing the advertising rates, yet such would restrict the number of people the advertising was sent to., which may cause marketing problems.

NRA has such an option and I take the "First Freedom" OTOH NRA now has some 8 million members and the cost is substantially higher. While I am a Life Member of NRA, I still send $60 a year in support of my position as a Charter Founder of the Second Amendment Task Force
AMA's paltry 160,000+/- membership may find any such additional load as too much.

All in all, while I personally like all the stuff, I now better understand your idea, and I think your suggestion definitely deserves additional exploration. If I had made it back to the EC, it would get coverage, but if the frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt every jump. [&o]