RCU Forums - View Single Post - Matt Chapman cap 580 .40 size
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Ace in the hole
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Matt Chapman cap 580 .40 size

Hey, sounds great. I am curious to find out how it flies. I have my saito 82 mounted and the wings together. So I am moving along on it. To bad I have a foot of snow on the ground here. I was able to fly new years day though, off the frozen lake by my house. Our club got together and had a blast. first flying we had done since the weather turned bad.

It looks to me like the only part of the cowl I am going to have to cut is for the valve covers. It looks like they will be the only part sticking out of the cowl-- and not by much either. I may just cut a slot right by those holes for the glow starter too. we'll see how it goes. As for the exhaust, now that I have the engine mounted I can see using one of the silicone extension tubes to put it out the bottom. There is a big cut out area in the bottom where the cowl does not cover, just a few inches from where the stock exhaust would end up. I am not sure how much power one of these extensions will rob, but it seems to be the easiest solution. I may also eliminate the stock exhaust and extend it right from the threaded coupling off the motor. Any thoughts on that?