RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to reverse a servo???
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
mulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to reverse a servo???

ORIGINAL: tatolazo

I have seen a lot of articles that say that changing the wires at the potentiometer and at the motor you can reverse a servo, but that´s very easy with the older ones, how could it be done with the newer ones that have the potentiometer inserted int he circuit or something like that???
Any step by step photo procedure???

Will be appreciated.

(Of course I could get a servo reverser from FMA or tower hobbies, but that is no so fun)

Tato
Not sure what you mean my the pot inserted in the circuit. If that means that the pot is physically surface mounted onto the circuit board with its leads soldered directly to the board (i.e., no wires), then you are probably out of luck. You need to have a pot with outside leads you can reverse- that means it should have a wired connection to the board, so you can easily switch the connections. Of course, you also have to reverse the motor leads.

I've reversed quite a few servos for friends, and I haven't seen a surface-mounted pot in one before. If this is indeed the case, can you name an example servo model, so I can go pick one up and take a look myself?

Thanks and good luck.