RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need info on Halberstadt fighters
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Trev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need info on Halberstadt fighters

WEll a lot has happened since I last visited RCU (last year). Thanks a lot guys for all the info and insight!
I'm amazed that such a sparsely doccumented aircraft is actually being (and has been) modeled.

Right now I'm also still in the research phase and probably will be for some time to come/ still have my E.III to complete which has mutated into a sort of long-term project (too much university-work).

zoomzooie, I'd really like to see any construction pics you might have of your prototype.
You seem to have researched very thouroughly a lot of the structual features.
I particularly like your solution for incorporating the TE droop, please keep us appraised of any progress you make!
Of course anyone else who has either built or is in the process of building halberstadt fighers is more than welcome to post their pics!
I find that a lot can be learnt by looking at other modelers' work.

In case you haven't already got it, I really recommend the windsock datafile on the halberstadt fighters. The amount of info that can be gleaned from the web is rather weak..

For plans I'll probably using the windsock outlines in combination with the structurally detailed drawings PIPE so kindly provided.
The latter actually feature a set of airfoils for upper and lower wing. They appear considerably thicker than that of the 'generic' albatros.

This question may seem basic (and maybe better asked at the aerodynamics forum), but how do the wing incidences have to be?
Should there be a difference between upper and lower wing, particularly considering the 2 different airfoils?
From PIPE's drawings I've also seen that there's about one degrees dihedral/
Is there any wash-out?

I keep hearing that incidences are not so crucial with full-flying elevators.

As you may guess, I don't have a clue about aerodynamics

Trev