RCU Forums - View Single Post - STUPID QUESTION ON AMA AND WHY WE NEED IT TO FLY?
Old 01-14-2005, 04:37 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: STUPID QUESTION ON AMA AND WHY WE NEED IT TO FLY?

I am sure others will give you their reasons.

I think you need AMA, IF you need an organized field to fly at. The reason is, most organized fields require insurance, which the AMA can provide through an AMA chartered club. This is different that your personal AMA insurance coverage, the one secondary to your homowners.

Now you might ask "why do I need an organized field"?...good question, you might not.

But if you are flying in a park, and you are one of the first that has flown there, there is a good chance it will be abolished once someone becomes aware of what you are doing.....same with a schoolyard or a private field.....eventually there is a good chance more people will show up, or some other "do gooder" will see all the fun you are having and decide to put a stop to it....unfortunately it turns out it is not hard for someone to "put a stop to it"

So in order to have a field that can withstand the test of time and the "do gooders", many find an AMA chatered club is the best way to go.