RCU Forums - View Single Post - STUPID QUESTION ON AMA AND WHY WE NEED IT TO FLY?
Old 01-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: STUPID QUESTION ON AMA AND WHY WE NEED IT TO FLY?

The AMA tells the clubs not to let anyone fly at the club unless you are a AMA member
even if you are already insured.
In reality the AMA only requires that a Chartered Club has 100% AMA membership. AMA recognizes that at certain sites there may well be other people actively flying there of which the Chartered Club has no control.

I am glad that most of my RC activity is accomplished at a Chartered Club facility where that club OWNS the property. The club has 100% control of the facility. All solo fliers must be AMA members.

Regardless of other insurance, the only thing that guarantees that a flier has financial stability to care for all the other fliers is that he belongs to AMA. In other words, you may have gobs of insurance for yourself, but YOU need to worry about ME having adequate insurance in case I put YOU in a wheel-chair for the rest of your life. []

Responsible people cover their own liability, however it is difficult to assess the other person's responsibility. Commercial Insurance can be cancelled in a heartbeat. AMA insurance is solid ground.