RCU Forums - View Single Post - What can the AMA do to recruit the under 30/park flyer group?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:27 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What can the AMA do to recruit the under 30/park flyer group?

There is some really good stuff in here. I hope the higher-up are reading this stuff.

It seems as though the general concensus is that discounts with manufacturers and suppliers is the best option to get parkflyers into the AMA.

Alot of these flyers got into the parkflyers because they are MUCH cheaper than their glow counterparts. If the AMA can find a way to give members a favorable "savings" in the parkflyers pocketbook, I honestly think this will be a HUGE way to get them into the AMA. I cant imagine any parkflyer turning down an AMA membership when they would get all the standard AMA stuff, and get maybe hmmm a 10% discount at Hobby Lobby.

But as most of the suggestions I listed above, once you get them into the AMA, you need to get them active in giving back to the AMA.

I think that Matt hit a very good point when he said:

"As it stands, you can pay your $58 and sit on your butt all year, or you can work your butt off putting on mall shows and educational presentations at schools... and still pay $58 a year. There's no incentive to get the word out. "

He's right, the AMA is not doing much to give members incentive to participate and give back to the organization. Insurance and a magazine just isnt going to cut it.