RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building and flying the LST 1/2A Trainer
Old 01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
serendpt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A trainer anyone?

Andrew,

I am using the gif file (which I had printed) from the 1/2A All the Way site, as well as referring to the PDF file from the same site. You'll have to excuse my ignorance as far as being able to understand the plans as they are, I've been brought up on a diet of ARFs and very few kits, which usually come with most of the parts cut, as well as including an construction or assembly manual. While I have learned an acceptable amount from building the kits, I'm a long way off from being able to understand what the designer intended just from looking at the plan. Some of the construction techniques employed in Mr. Donatelli's design are unfamiliar to me, especially the landing gear. I'm sure many of the more experienced builders here had no problems understanding the plans, and probably made changes to suit their own preferred construction techniques. I'm just not at that level yet

Anyways, this Friday is a public holiday here, so I'm going to start on the wings then, hopefull I'll have some decent progress and photos sometime next week.