RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec Eclipse 7 ?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 11:37 AM
CFIMEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 ?

I have a Flash 5, Eclipse 7 & a new Optic 6. Have used the Flash 5 with gliders for about 4 years & it has been flawless. The Eclipse locked up during programming repeatedly & had to be sent in for service. A new circuit board was installed & it has only locked up only once in the last 2 years & never during actual flight. I use it with a Futaba 50 Mhz RF module in place of the Spectra (which draws twice the current of a fixed frequency module & only gives about an hour & a half flight time on the standard 600 maH battery.)

The Optic 6 has just returned from service with the offending problem unresolved. (See the post in other thread.) I like this Tx & hope that whatever it takes to get it 100% operational will be forthcoming from HiTec. They provide excellent service but are at the mercy of Asian software designers &, according to HiTec local service, do not even have available software code listings or detailed descriptions of how the microprocessor algorithms operate. If you do not need the configuration (Aileron Differential) which allows you to use channel 5 as a second aileron output then I think you'll like this Tx. I got the Optic specifically because the Eclipse does not offer this feature & I use 5 channel receivers which require it for elevator/aileron mixing. The problem which I have encountered seems only to occur when this feature is enabled. I wonder why they didn't include this capability in the software update for the Eclipse which became available last year, then I would not have had to buy a whole new Optic Tx to get it!