RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec Eclipse 7 ?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 PM
CFIMEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 ?

Hi Again,

Regarding my disturbing recent experience with the Optic 6 & in the interest of model flight safety I must report another program related problem with the Optic 6 (at least the one I now have.) When using Aileron Differential to activate channel 5 as the second aileron channel & operating any of the 6 channels in the " reverse" mode, if you run the throttle sub trim negative enough for it to cause total lock up of the Tx, then when you restart the Tx you must make sure that the reversed channels have not reverted to "normal". This has happened to me twice! Fortunately I (almost) always cycle the controls to confirm direction & range of travel (I guess 37 years as an FAA Certified Flight Instructor in full scale aircraft has had some lasting benefit!). So, happily, on each occasion I was able to re-program the channels back to "reverse" before launch. I don't recall whether I programmed those channels reversed during the session which ended in total lock up or in another session where I was able to get back to Main Menu without lock up. It may be that this problem only happens if the reversing of the servo channels occurs during the ill-fated session that ends in lock up & if they are reversed in a successful programming session then they remain as set. I hope the promised replacement Tx does not exhibit these deficiencies but if this is related to a fundamental software bug then I'll have to wait for a program revision.

Please, if anyone else is encountering these or other programming difficulties, make it known so that we can eventually be furnished with fully functional, reliable & safe Optic 6's

Richard.