RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9 CAP frontplate paint trouble!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Mickeymoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9 CAP frontplate paint trouble!

ORIGINAL: bps

This is troubling news. Why would a "top of the line radio" experience this type of problem? I have been considering the 9CAPS. But this is just another problem it seems.
JEB[]

bps,

I wouldn't let this steer you away from the 9C. Yes programing is not as simple as I'd like and I wish it had upgradeable firmware and more memory built in (I mean come on! $70 bucks for a Futaba 64k CAMPAC!!... you can find CAMPACS cheap on the net). Oh yeah and I wish my 9C had the features of the 9C Super. OK I'd settle for the model timer. I would be nice to know how much time I had on a model at the end of the season. All in all I think I would still buy the 9C again. When I bought mine 2 years ago I wanted to stick with Futaba because all my gear (receivers and servos) were Futaba or Hitec so I didn't even look at JR. Also the radio was only $259.00 by itself at servocity.com. I think the 9C was the most bang for the buck when I bought mine. Any lower and you loose a lot of features, any higher and the price really climbs. As far as the paint goes... I would just try to keep the front plate wiped down as much as possible. In my case I think it was the fuel on my hands because the paint is lifting were I grip the radio on the left side. The radio works fine its just cosmetic. Still I can't believe Futaba didn't use a better fuel proof coating on the front of this radio. I've never had, heard of or seen another radio do this @#% [:'(] I'll probably just send the radio in for a check up like Geistware and hope that they replace it with out charge.