RCU Forums - View Single Post - BALSA USA SWIZZLE STIK 60 SIZE
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Frank Schwartz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BALSA USA SWIZZLE STIK 60 SIZE

Stick lovers! I have received the plans for the SS 60 from Dennis and am going to get copies made the first of the week (Today is Saturday). The wing is constructed much as is the ORIGINAL Sr. Telemaster, that is, with barn door ailerons..no strip aileron kinda thing. The plane also has that gawd awful egg shaped rudder and fin (some folks like it that way). No dihedral figures are shown so if anyone knows what it should be, let me know.
I also need anyone who wants copies of these plans to kindly email me off this post directly at [email protected]. Your cost is whatever it costs me to get them printed , buy a mailing tube and postage...most likely less than fifteen dollars. I am NOT in the hobby business and do this for fun, not profit.
Also I saw in faded hand written script, barely discernable, on the plans, a notation that struts are required with the wing....hmmm. The ORIGINAL Sr. Telemaster has a very, very similar wing and needs no struts. It is NOT constructed as the new Joe Bridi re-designed Sr. Tele kit is. Joe's version..the one they sell now, is/was prone to have the wing fold at the wrong time. The original wing has 3/32 sheeting on the front and rear portions of the wing and hefty plywood dihedral braces..and the wing never folds, no needs struts. I am very familiar with the Sr. T. as I worked at Hobby Lobby during the Telemaster heydays...but that is another story.
If anyone wants copies of these Swizzle Stick 60 plans, contact me as stated earlier in this post. If anyone has any specifications or addenda or copies of an instruction book to go with it, please contact me.
Finally, I plan to use a Veco 61 and old Heathkit radio in my SS 60...just for fun.
In closing, I note that the SS 60's shown in photos earlier in this thread, show a built up standard type of rudder and strip ailerons...not so on the plans.....
And such is life...
Regards to all,
Frank Schwartz
P.S. If anyone is interested in the Telemaster line and the history of them, contact me off line and I will fill you in with the whole story......