RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-5E by Vmar/Richmond RC
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 10:22 AM
johntheroadie
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F-5E by Vmar/Richmond RC

I tend to agree. It kinda looks like a distorted cartoon caricature. [sm=lol.gif]

If you look at their A-4, they did the same thing except messed the nose section up even worse. The canopy is about 200% larger than the rest of the airplane, and shrinking the intakes didn't help either. One of the most difficult sections to get right is the nose and canopy section and that's the area I first look at. I think any airplane with a circular and pointed nose section (like the F-14, Mig-29, Su-27) would be a much easier to do than a airplane with tapered (flattened?) nose section..like the A-4, I mean, how can you get a spinner to look like an A-4 nose??

IMHO, I think the canopies on the F-5, A-4, the F-4 need to be completely done over (and correctly) and the all of their propjets should go in for a rhinoplasty.

On the other hand, I'm just excited that there is someone out there trying to fill the void of some of the other propjets that have been discontinued...GP's F-4, F-14, F-15 cermarks f-16, etc... I'm still hooked on the mig though. It actually looks the best of all four...

I understand that they're not going to be perfectly scale because they're not jets, but I still like 'em because I'm too cheap to get a turbine.

john