RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's meet the new guys!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 12:30 AM
dredhea
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's meet the new guys!

Another vet reporting in. 9 years Air Force. My name is Dennis and I'm just getting into the hobby. Since it's winter in Central NY, my experiance now consists of building a Great Planes PT-40 with a Tower Hobbies .46, a Clancy Aviation Lazy Bee with a TT.15 that insists on self destructing on the building table(plane, not engine), and am currently building a GP Ultimate that will either get a YS.45 or will trade the PT for it's .46. I don't plan on actually flying the Ult for a loooong time. I also own a .60 size Extra300S (bought this one) with an ASP.91 two stroke on it and have an ASP1.08 to replace that when I get bored, and , just to make sure that I NEVER run out of things to build, I bought half of an old Top Flite F4U Corsair that I would like to see in the air someday.
I have taken a little time away from the hobbyroom though. Since the PT40 has had a couple of shakedown flights, I figured it was time for it to need repairing, so I built skis to get it off the snow. The first design was too short and not enough flare in the tips (dug into the snow), The second set didn't have enough clearance and the prop destroyed the nose ski on the first bump, and the third set might just actually work, though the lake I tried to fly it off was slush covered today and the best I achieved was a noseover. Luckily there was no damage done this time. Will probably get the stupid urge to try again when the lake freezes a little harder. Why is spring so far away, when the local club members will be willing to come out and teach me to fly?