RCU Forums - View Single Post - Asking prices outragous in classified forums
Old 02-08-2005, 08:53 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Asking prices outragous in classified forums

It's the way of the world. As long as they are honest, there's nothing wrong with trying to get the most they can for the item they are selling. The rule to go by is "buyer beware". Anyone who does not know the market prices for something should stick to well known retailers for their purchases.

One thing that bothers me is people who misrepresent the condition of engines. It appears to have become common for some people to put an old, nearly worn out, engine in a crock pot so it's nice and clean and then sell it as almost new. I've seen auction feedback from buyers who said the "almost new" engine had rusty bearings and no compression. I've reached the point where I've decided buying used engines is just not worth the hassle.

I also don't understand why people buy an engine and then just bench run the thing. I'm always skeptical about the person's skills at breaking in an engine, or that they felt something was wrong with the engine so they want to unload it. If you're not ready to put it in a plane and fly it, why not just leave it in the box?