RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to verify transmitter frequency??
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 09:58 AM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to verify transmitter frequency??

To know exactly the frequency your transmitter is on you must stop the modulation. If it is a AM transmitter you can then use your counter to measure the carrier frequency. If it is a FM transmitter you will get a number that could be off by the amount that the manufacturer shifts the frequency either up or down or you could get the main frequency. All this requires that you do some work on the transmitter. I am the Frequency cordinator for your district and I have the AMA Receiver that you can borrow. However it is just a short wave receiver and is not very accurate as far as frequency is concerned. I also have a Tracker transmitter and it will not give an accurate reading It is very broad in it's receiving ability. If there is someone on the next channel the tracker will refuse to turn on and give you it's warning signal. As a starting point if you have a transmitter that has a module to change channels you can find the modulation wire On my JR there is a small connector with three wires one is black one is red and one is white Guess which one is the modulation???? If you have a scope you can see the modulation on this wire To stop it you must figure out the circuit so you do not blow something Sometimes you can just disconnect the wire but my advice stops here.