RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA and the Way Forward?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 08:18 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA and the Way Forward?

Well gentlemen he greased that landing...unfortunately he is not wrong at all in his thinking, but I too have come to a realization in thinking long and hard about the AMA and it's members. I looked back at the number of votes and the number of members, I looked at the number of members in clubs vs. the number of attendees at club meetings. We, the few, take the AMA and its maneuvers seriously, like politics as a whole. We the few, want to make everything about the hobby great, we the few are willing to go the extra mile to be part of something great (start humming glory glory hallelujah) we the few, the proud, the interested, we alone have decided to stand up as a minority group and represent the majority because we do not want the AMA to fail, we the few want to see the AMA succeed, and with that success reap the fruits of our labor.
We, the few, do not want to sit idley by and just fly our planes, we want more than that, much more. I can see how getting mired down in some pettieness happens, but we, the few, want to work for the greater good. We all have our particular issue that we spout off about, we all experience low attendance at club meetings, we all think that how the safety coordinator was crammed down our throat was wrong, we all do not like the fact that the AMA is insurance run, and that's why we the few from all across the country must rise up and stand together with a collective clentched fist and say no more!!! We must pound the table with our collective fist to the EC and say wake up!!! We the few must stand together,share ideas, foster growth in our region and help each other regardless of personel differences,because if we do not there could be no more.....